Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Amazing Internet

It's easy to take it all for granted, but sometimes you have to stop and smell the roses.

My cubical.


I'm sitting in my back garden, researching potential clients using a virtual reality view of the world to walk down Beaufort Street wirelessly. Playing music from my laptop through my speaker-system in the lounge next-door with audio-streaming software. Talking to my friends from all over the world. Automatically translating articles written in German and Japanese into less-than-perfect, but still comprehensible English. Using open-source software written purely for the benefit of mankind with no reward expected other than attribution. Publishing opinions and photography, however irrelevant, that millions of people could view instantly if they so chose.

I guess I'm becoming a techno-hippie because the internet feels almost utopian to me right now. The people who are trying to lock it down don't have your best interests at heart.

Either way, I don't think I care about that hover-car so much anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment